Tax Refunds for Uber Drivers

Whether you’re a full-time Uber driver or just pick up some extra work in the evenings or at weekends, you are required to complete a Tax Return annually to declare your income and expenditure.

The main expense to declare on your Tax Return would be your mileage, however there are many other expenses which if incurred should also be claimed to reduce your tax liability with HMRC.

Here are some other expenses you may have to pay for that can be deducted against your income:

· Uber commissions and service charges;

· Any costs incurred as part of the Uber application process such as Private Hire Vehicle (PHV);

· Tolls and Parking charges;

· The business element of your mobile phone, either note down your spending or estimate the percentage business use for example 80% business and 20% personal);

· Uber Phone Hire Charge if you opt to use one of their phones/sat nav systems;

· Passenger extras such as water and sweets;

· Car cleaning and valeting;

· Vehicle Insurance and Public Liability Insurance;

· Accountants fees;

Using our easy guides and hassle free forms we know you will find it very simple dealing with JNR Accounting. You can send all your information to us, or we can call you through our business by telephone service and complete the paperwork for you at a time that is convenient to you.

We will guide you through each step of the process and will ensure you receive the maximum refund you are entitled to.

Download Packs


New Claim Booklet

New Claim Application Pack

Download now

Get In Touch

This is the form results

* Required fields. We need this information from you in order for your enquiry to be submitted to us and for us to respond to you promptly. We will verify/confirm your consent and preferred means of contact, when we send you our Claim Pack for completion

Arrange a free site visit