Posted on 13th August 2019
We’re delighted to announce that we’ve formalised our support for serving and veteran members of the British Armed Forces and their families by making this valuable pledge.
As specialists in claiming tax refunds for serving personnel, we know how important it is to support our Armed Forces in any way we can. So, that’s why we’ve agreed to uphold the Armed Forces Covenant.
The Covenant aims to encourage the whole of society to recognise the valuable contribution of those who have performed military duty. We agree that members of the Naval Service, the Army and the Royal Air Force, together with their families, deserve respect, support and fair treatment.
The key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant state that no member of the Armed Forces community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen, and in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate, especially for the injured or bereaved.
Here at JNR Group, our specific pledges include:
- We will promote the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation
- We will seek to support the employment of veterans young and old, by adding a careers page to our website aimed at service personnel about to leave the Armed Forces (11% of our current staff are ex-Forces)
- We will promote vacancies aimed at service personnel or their spouses or partners through our social media accounts
- We will endeavour to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
- We will seek to support our employees who choose to join the Reserve forces
- We will actively participate in Armed Forces Day, by trade support or donation.
We’re very proud to bear the Armed Forces Covenant crest and we look forward to continuing to support serving and veteran service personnel, and their families, today and in the future.
You can find out more about the Covenant on the website https://www.armedforcescovenant.gov.uk